Development, Marketing & Communications Intern
Introduction and Job Description
Title: Development, Marketing & Communications Intern
Internship Status: Part-time
Location: Auburn, Maine.
LSM Overview – LSM promotes lake stewardship through widespread citizen participation in the gathering and dissemination of credible scientific information pertaining to lake health. LSM trains, certifies and provides technical support to hundreds of volunteers who monitor a wide range of indicators of water quality, assess watershed health and function, and screen lakes for invasive aquatic plants (IAS) and animals. In addition to being the primary source of lake data in the State of Maine, LSM volunteers benefit their local lakes by playing key stewardship and leadership roles in their communities.
The Development, Marketing & Communications Intern is an in person internship. They will support the Development Director with various fundraising activities. The following are possible intern responsibilities that will be assigned based on the experience and interest of the selected candidate.
- Develop communication strategies for online campaigns
- Assist in the research and preparation of grant applications
- Help plan and execute fundraising events
- Support management of donor database and contact lists
- Participate in the development of new fundraising initiatives
- Coordinate donor acknowledgments
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Experience with computer systems required, including web-based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access
- Experience in marketing, communications, event management and/or donor/customer relations
- Ability to think and act strategically and tactically
- Solid organizational skills, including prioritization and time management
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to perform online research
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work and communicate well with others; able to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Passionate about lake/water conservation and preservation
- Critical attention to detail and accuracy is absolutely essential!
What you will gain from this experience:
- Experience working for an environmental organization, gaining knowledge of critical development activities that ensure long-term sustainability for a non-profit
- The opportunity to develop, market and execute a fundraising campaign or event
- Grant writing
- General office skills: research, documentation, filing, email correspondence
- Exposure to the complexities of database management
- Learn about lakes in Maine and volunteer lake stewardship!
- Part time internship 20 hours/week
- Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation
- Ability to participate in Maine Career Catalyst programming
- This is an unpaid internship, but we encourage the applicant to apply for funding through their institution (we can offer resources if need be)
APPLICATIONS DUE FRIDAY, MARCH 17th.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE EVALUATED ON A ROLLING BASIS
How to Apply: Please send along a PDF including your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject [last name] Development Intern. We will follow up with time slots for interviews and if you have any questions please direct them to email@example.com.
Lake Stewards of Maine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity and equity in all facets of the organization’s work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.