LSM staff will be conducting water-quality-focused discussion sessions via Zoom. These check-in sessions are intended to be a way for volunteers to discuss any questions or issues they may have pertaining to their lake or monitoring work. For those who have insufficient bandwidth for online video conferencing, there is an option to call in (phone information will be included in your registration confirmation email). These sessions will be informal and will provide an opportunity for participants to speak directly with LSM staff about concerns, observed phenomena, or other broader water quality topics.
A few examples of the topics that may be discussed include, but are not limited to:
- Observations of recent conditions on/in a lake
- Problems or questions regarding volunteer monitoring equipment
- Any issues with quality assurance
- Discussion/interpretation of recently collected (or historical) lake data
- Climate change
- Changing technologies and monitoring methods
- Any unusual phenomena recently observed
- Changes in protocol due to the pandemic and other broader social issues as it relates to lake monitoring and science.
You are welcome to attend as many of the sessions as you like throughout the year. The sessions are generally scheduled to take place from 10-11:30 AM. Moderators will have the option to continue individual sessions beyond this point or conclude earlier depending on participant interest. In addition, we will make the decision to offer additional sessions if there is a specific group interested in meeting or an additional time that will suit a person’s schedule. If you are interested in this, please send an email to stewards@lakestewardsME.org
. We hope to see you there!
Water Quality Check-In Sessions Calendar
Please be sure to pre-register for each session you are planning to attend