LSM staff are conducting water-quality-focused discussion sessions. These check-in sessions (via Zoom) are intended as a way for volunteers to discuss any questions or issues they may have pertaining to their lake or monitoring work. For those with insufficient bandwidth for online video conferencing, there is the option to call in (phone information will be included in your registration confirmation email). These sessions will be informal, and will provide folks with an opportunity to speak directly with LSM staff about concerns, observed phenomena, or other broader water quality topics.
A few examples of the types of topics that may be discussed include, but are not limited to:
- Observations of recent conditions on/in a lake;
- Problems or questions regarding volunteer monitoring equipment;
- Any issues with quality assurance;
- Discussion / interpretation of recently collected (or historical) lake data;
- Climate change,
- Changing technologies and monitoring methods;
- Any unusual phenomena recently observed; and,
- Changes in protocol due to the pandemic and other broader social issues as it related to lake monitoring and science.
You are welcome to attend as many of the sessions as you like throughout the year. We will be there!
The sessions are generally scheduled to take place from 10-11:30 AM. Moderators will have the option to continue individual sessions beyond this point or conclude earlier depending upon participant interest. In addition, we will make the decision to offer additional sessions if there is a specific group that is interested in meeting or an additional time that will meet a persons schedule. If this is of interest to you, please send an email to stewards@lakestewardsME.org.