All IPP training sessions are open to the public and FREE to anyone interested in learning more about the threat of invasive aquatic species in Maine. Pre-registration is required for all workshops. Please follow links to online registration below.
Info currently listed as TBA will be added as it becomes available. Please check back for updates.
IPP Plant Paddle – workshop description>>
If arriving by land, please consider arriving up to a half-hour early, to unload your boat and ready your gear. * Indicates Plant Paddles which will be followed by and OPTIONAL additional hour for Courtesy Boat Inspector training.
Date, Time – County, Location
• Tue. July 9, 9AM to 12PM – Oxford County, Northeast Cove, Kezar Lake in Lovell
• Thu. July 11, 9AM to 12PM – Knox County, Lake Megunticook in Lincolnville
• Sat. July 13, 10AM to 1PM – Oxford County, Bickford Pond in Porter
• Tue. July 16, 10AM to 1:30PM – Oxford County, Barker Pond in Hiram
• *Sat. July 20, 9AM to 12PM – Hancock County, Alamoosook Lake in East Orland
• Tue. July 30, 9AM to 12PM – Cumberland County, Long Lake in Naples
• Sat. Aug 3, 9AM to 12PM – Somerset County, Great Moose Lake in Hartland
• Sat. Aug 3, 3PM to 6PM – Somerset County, Lake Wesserunsett in Madison
• *Thu. Aug 8, 9AM to 12PM – Piscataquis County, Lower Wilson Pond in Greenville
• Sat. Aug 17, 1PM to 4PM – Penobscot County, Chemo Pond in Bradley
• Sun. Aug 18, 10AM to 1PM – Penobscot County, Fields Pond in Orrington
• Thu. Aug 29, 9AM to 12PM – Sagadahoc County, Nequassett Lake in Woolwich
To register for a Plant Paddle workshop, please visit our Registration Page.
Invasive Plant Patrol 101 – workshop description >>
Satisfies requirement for IPP Certification
Date, Time – County, Location
• Fri. June 28, 10AM to 4PM – York County, Alfred Parish Chapel in Alfred
• Fri. July 19, 11AM to 5PM – Hancock County, Craig Brook Hatchery in East Orland
• Tue. Aug 6, 9AM to 3PM – Cumberland County, Maine Lake Science Ctr. in Bridgton
• Wed. Aug 14, 10AM to 4PM – Franklin Cty, Rangeley Region Guides & Sports Clubhouse in Oquossoc
• Tue. Aug 20, 10AM – 4PM – Kennebec County, Town Office in China
• Thu. Aug 22, 11AM to 5PM – Waldo County, Town Office in Liberty
• Sat. Aug 24, 9AM to 3PM – Kennebec County, FOCW Headquarters in Winthrop
• Tue. Aug 27, 10AM to 4PM – Kennebec Cty, Maine Lakes Res. Ctr. in Belgrade
To register for an IPP 101 workshop, please visit our Registration Page.
IPP Manual Control Workshop – workshop description>>
• Tues. June 4, 9AM to 12:30PM – LSM Center for Citizen Lake Science, Auburn
To register for the Manual Control workshop, please visit our Registration Page.
IPP Advanced Plant ID – workshop description>>
With optional Plant ID Proficiency Certification exam
Courtesy Boat Inspector Training – workshop description>>
• Sat. July 20, 11AM to 1PM – Hancock County, Alamoosook Lake in East Orland
• Thu. Aug 8, 11AM to 1PM – Piscataquis County, Lower Wilson Pond in Greenville
To register for the CBI workshop, please visit our Registration Page. Please use this registration form if you are only attending the CBI portion of the training. Otherwise, register using the Plant Paddle registration form.
IPP Custom Training – TBA
Invasive Plant Patrol: Train-the-Trainer Workshops
Volunteer Leadership is an important component of building a state-wide monitoring program. Our Train-the-Trainer Workshops help volunteers interested in taking on a larger role in their lake community to gain the experience and resources necessary for success.
For more information about IPP Leadership training offerings, visit our Volunteer Leadership Training Page.
IPP Leaders’ Roundtable – workshop description >>
Friday, April 5th @ 10AM-3PM : Auburn Public Library, 49 Spring Street, Auburn – Androscoggin Community Room, Ground Floor
IPP View Scope Clinic – workshop description >>
TBD – LSM Center for Citizen Lake Science, Auburn
How to Lead an IPP Plant Paddle – workshop description >>
Friday, April 26th @ 8AM – Maine Milfoil Summit; USM L/A campus, Lewiston
Friday, May 24th @ 1:30 to 3:30PM – Webinar (Please use our Registration Form to sign up)